|
Vinashin to complete debt
restructuring in 2014
VietNamNet Bridge - According to Mr.
Nguyen Ngoc Su, Chairman of the Management Board of the Vietnam Shipbuilding
Industry Group (Vinashin), the group has a feasible plan to restrict its
debts and the plan is scheduled to complete in 2014.
Su also said in a recent meeting that the debt
restructuring process achieved some results.
"In the last two years, the group has carried out
financial restructuring. To date, the debts basically are restricted and the
debt restructuring plan will be completed by early 2014," Su said.
On June 14, Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc told
the National Assembly that Vinashin’s debts "greatly reduced" and
from 2022, the group would begin paying debts.
Specifically, 19 domestic banks joined hands to reduce
70 percent of the debts for Vinashin. For foreign debts, the group has
negotiated a 30 percent reduction. Previously, Vinashin was entrusted by the
government to access to $750 million of foreign loans, along with $600
million in international bonds issued by the group in 2007.
However, Phuc said that Vinashin still incurred heavy
losses so the restructuring should be performed more aggressively.
Vinashin’s restructuring plan has been submitted to the
government, under which only eight core enterprises will be maintained. The
other 216 businesses will be equitized or transferred and 166 companies
without state capital will be sold or go bankrupt.
Recently, in the government’s June meeting, the
government also asked relevant ministries to finalize the draft resolution on
further restructuring Vinashin. At the same time, the Ministry of Transport
was assigned to compile the solutions for restructuring this group. The plan
will be announced in the appropriate time to not affect the handling of
foreign debts.
According to the report of the Government Inspectorate,
in late 2009, Vinashin's total liabilities amounted to more than VND86.7
trillion and the actual losses was nearly VND5 trillion, VND3.3 trillion more
than Vinashin’s financial statements.
At the Government Briefing in August 2010, Deputy Prime
Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said that by 2014, Vinashin can earn profit again.
Na Son
|
Thứ Tư, 10 tháng 7, 2013
Đăng ký:
Đăng Nhận xét (Atom)
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét