|
Even downpours can't
dampen spirits on
Though rain
bucketed down last Saturday, the dry board and smiling faces of those joining
the cruise made for a great start to our tour along the Hong (Red) River in
Ha Noi.
Valentin Tino Rion, an intern from
the German Embassy, joined myself and more than 20 others on the cruise.
The taxi driver who dropped at the
cruise's dock had shaken his head in disbelief as I readied myself to jump
through the tumultous downpour to board the ship. Why hadn't I chosen a
better day, he asked. I told him I had done many tours but never when it was
raining. No one could stop me from enjoying it.
The boat disembarked at 7.30am from
the dock on
Red River is the second largest river
in
After an hour, we reached Bat Trang
pottery village, 10km from the downtown. According to legend, pottery
production began in the village under the Ly dynasty in the 16th century
after pottery makers travelled by boat up the
The rain faded as we entered the
village. Modern buildings outnumbered authentic structures of ancient
villages, but we enjoyed meandering through narrow streets and alleyways left
intact.
We were welcomed into a house with
unfinished pottery works; where they offered a self-made pottery service for
tourists. This looked incredibly fun, but unfortunately we didn't have time.
We admired the many different types
and designs of goods; including hanging dishes, vases, toy animals and
replicas of statues made using sophisticated techniques and technology.
The local art and craft of pottery
was astonishing and I admired the incredible talent of the village artists.
Whilst I had intended to shop, I only bought a small cup with my favorite
cartoon image.
After spending hours in the village,
we returned to the cruise to enjoy lunch.
We were spoilt with chicken, squid,
beef, rice and beer – all made for a delicious meal.
The rain clearing, the wind blowing
gently through our hair, and with a fresh cup of strong coffee in our hands,
we realised what a special day it had been, touring along the
Source: VNS
|
Chủ Nhật, 8 tháng 9, 2013
Đăng ký:
Đăng Nhận xét (Atom)
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét