|
Musician tunes up for
Hoang Ha
"Music gave
me a chance to shake hands with US President Bill Clinton, win a joint Grammy
Award and bring Trinh Cong Son's music to people.
"It is music
that took me to 40 countries, brought me a nice house, a good car and a happy
family.
So, despite several
"disasters" that befallen to "test my love for life, I feel I
am lucky because I have music."
Tuan will be the
star of the show today, September 7, at the landmark event called Dau An
(Milestone) launched by the Thanh Nien Media Corporation and Viet Nam
Television.
The show, which
will feature live performances by the nation's leading artists at the Nguyen
Du Sports Stadium on the first Saturday of every month, has received
widespread acclaim from critics and audiences alike after it debuted last
month with famous singer Thu Minh.
Easily
He is a lecturer
at the Ha Noi Arts College, the HCM City Conservatory of Music and the
Military University of Culture and Arts.
Somewhat aptly,
given the event's name, the upcoming concert will mark a milestone in Tuan
music and his career with several unique items including his original
compositions being performed for the first time.
Accompanying Tuan
on the stage will be the Saigon Bigband and three famous singers –jazz queen
Tuyet Loan, Tung Duong and diva Thanh Lam.
It will be the
first time that Tung Duong and Tuan perform together.
Fated to live
Born in 1972, Tuan
came into contact with music very early because his parents and sister were
cai luong (renovated opera) artists.
Just a year after
he got his first sax at the age of eight, Tuan had become proficient enough
to given responsibility for playing the "modern" parts of the music
performed by the troupe. He went everywhere with the troupe and his parents,
performing for a living.
Tuan started to
put in solo performances when he was 11. At 13, he played for the Viet Nam
Administration of Tourism at luxury establishments for international
audiences.
Also at 13, he
began to have eye pains.
"The doctor
diagnosed that I had normal blepharitis, but three days later, I lost sight
in one eye. The doctor had to inject me with a strong medicine to save the
other eye.
At that time, I
thought my life had ended. I played the saxophone like crazy, and music saved
my life."
After many
successes in his career, Tuan is now known beyond
But just when his
career was at its top, another disaster struck. He found out that he had
nephritis when he was performing in
"Five
surgeries, living with one eye and two spoilt kidneys, music saved me again.
"The
saxophone was by my side during the three months in hospital. When I could
not play, I listened to music. Music helped me and patients around me to be
optimistic." Tuan said.
After his
recovery, Tuan has started spending more of his free time at pagodas. He has
not only performed at pagodas, he has brought the sound of the pagoda bell
into his jazz music.
Tuan said he
considers each second the last second of his life.
When he plays now,
it is the sound of life that he seeks to breathe into the heart of the music
lover. - VNS
|
Thứ Bảy, 7 tháng 9, 2013
Đăng ký:
Đăng Nhận xét (Atom)
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét