Thứ Hai, 22 tháng 9, 2014

Master Chef shocks audiences with brutality


Many viewers were shocked at an episode of Master Chef,  aired on Vietnam Television (VTV), in which contestants slaughtered animals on television to prepare their dishes.
This particular episode of Master Chef was broadcast on VTV3 on September 20. Contestants were required to decide on a dish to cook and create it from beginning to end, including butchering any animals needed.
One contestant named Khanh Phuong decided to use a soft-shell turtle as part of her recipe. The entire process of her struggling to kill the animal was included in the programme.
“As I was doing it I wanted to cry because I did not know how to properly kill the animal. But if I didn't, I would've had to quit the show. So I just tried my best,” said Phuong after the show.

 
Khanh Phuong killing the turtle

Many members of the public scandalised, calling the scene “savage” and “unsuitable for television”.
“While people publicly criticise the slaughter of pets like cats and dogs, this type of thing is outrageous to be broadcasting to millions of homes. It may be normal in the family kitchen, but is unacceptable for a television show,” said one viewer.
Others said the scene terrified them and they turned the show off as soon as they saw what was happening.
“If I was that contestant, I would not have cooperated,” said another viewer.
baodatviet

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét